, Professor of English (Retd), Karnataka State Open University, Mysuru.
M.A. Ph. D, Diploma in German.
The Concept of the ‘Fallen Woman’: A Study of the Novels of Hawthorne, Flaubert, Hardy and Karanth
Ph. D obtained under the guidance of Professor U. R. Ananthamurthy
- Awarded Fulbright-Nehru Senior Research Fellowship (Affiliation: University of Texas, Austin, USA. Topic: “Empowering Young Lives through Arts: The Role of Educational Theatre in America”).
- Recipient of Karnataka State Theatre Academy Award (for achievers located in the district of Mysore)
- Extensively covered by Visual and Print media in recognition of the voluntary service to the Underprivileged children
- Associate, Indian Institute of Advanced Studies, Shimla, HP.
- Written Course Material, Delivered Lectures during CPs, Officiated as Subject/Block Co-ordinator
- Designed Syllabus for various Courses
- Under my Guidance 4 scholars were awarded Ph. D, and 2 were awarded M. Phil. 3candidates passed their Pre-Ph. D Examination.
- Chairperson Department of English/ Doctoral Committee/ BOS/BOE in English,/Affiliation Committee, Director, School of Humanities,/Member, Academic Council/ BOA
Besides Writing/editing Books/Articles, Chairing Sessions, Delivering Talks, Conducting Workshops, Presenting Papers in State, National, InternationalSeminars/Conferences,I have acted, directed, produced, done concept designing, script writing and costume designing.
Books as Editor
- Nurara Nenapu: Prof M. Rama Rao’s Commemorative Volume, 2013. Prakruti Publications, Mysore,
- Sharing Experiences: Varied Voices Mysore, (published by Prasaranga (Publication Division) Karnataka State Open University, 2012.The contributors are from USA, Canada and Karnataka. The articles are on the power of Fine Arts in general and Theatre Arts in particular on Education)
- R.K. Narayan’s Short Stories (Translated into Kannada), Mysore: Prasaranga (Publication Division) Karnataka State Open University, 2008. (Listed as Top Ten books of the Week by Kannada Prabha on 11.11.2012, all the copies of the book are sold. out)
- The Grandfather-The Grandson and Other Stories (Translated into English), Mysore: Prakruthi Publishers, 2003.
- Varied Voices of Children (Writings by Children), Mysore: Vidyasagar Printing and Publication House, 2001.
Books as Author
- The Concept of the ‘Fallen Woman’: An Introduction. Mysore: Vidyasagar Printing and Publication House, 2001.
- Bharatiya Sastriya Nritya – Ondu Drishtikona (Indian Classical Dance- A Perspective). Vidyasagar Printing and Publication House, 1991.
- Besides Writing/editing Books/Articles, Chairing Sessions,/Delivering Talks, Conducting/organizing Seminars/ Workshops/Presenting Papers in State/National/InternationalSeminars/Conferences,I have acted, directed, produced, done concept designing, script writing and costume designing.
- Delivered talks on the programmes aired on Gyan Vani,
- Designed the Concept and written theScript for The Opening Scene of the Tempest, a VCD produced by Karnataka State Open University, Mysore and Doordarshan, Bangalore.
- Initiated Campus to Community Programmes for the underprivileged children, besides contributing to their comprehensive development by conducting literary and cultural programmes (rendering voluntary service for 27 years)
- Conducted Add on Programmes (Literary and Cultural Activities) for the Students of Karnataka State Open University.
Passed Junior Hindustani Vocal (1998), Talavadya (Tabla, 1999) conducted by Karnataka Secondary Examination Board
Given Sitar recitals in Mysore, Bangalore, Kundagol, Raichur, Shimoga, Ikkeri, Dharmasthala and Chennai
Given Kathak Dance performances in Mysore, Bangalore, Mandya, Dharmasthala, Mercara, Sakleshpur, Nanjangud and other places
After superannuation, on a voluntary basis, Teaching Basic English through English Theatre to children going to Government/and Government-Aided Schools (gone to 30 Districts in Karnataka) besides teaching students of a Pre-University College, (also taught Research Scholars of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Research and Extension Centre of the University of Mysore)
Residence - R. Purnima 2907/1, III Main Road, V.V. Mohalla, Mysuru 570002